A job with The Angus Hotel is never just a job—it's an excellent opportunity to develop your career in Scotland's thriving hospitality industry, working for a family owned business which puts people at its heart.
Job title: Front of House Manager
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Hours: Full time, Permanent (live-in available if required)
Job Role: We are Blairgowrie’s premier leisure hotel with a modern indoor pool and health spa and free wifi throughout the hotel. We are a modern and comfortable family owned hotel, one of Perthshire's best known hotels for over 100 years. Situated right at the heart of the pretty county town of Blairgowrie, it's the perfect base for touring the local area, within easy reach of Glenshee, Royal Deeside, Balmoral, Dunkeld, Pitlochry and Perth. Nearby visitor attractions include Blair Castle, Glamis Castle, Scone Palace, Perth Races, Perth and Pitlochry Theatres, MV Discovery and the Verdant Works at Dundee. We are currently looking to recruit for a Front of House to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of all FOH departments within the hotel including:
- Managing departmental Heads of Department for Reception/Reservations (including group and event reservations)
- Driving FOH revenue profit maximisation through the implementation and maintenance of cost control and quality service delivery standards at all level.
- As a senior member of the small team you are expected to set an excellent example and maintaining the reputation of the organisation by providing excellent customer care and service.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Functional / Management - Have the key responsibility of managing the day-to-day operation of the FOH operation, in line with company policy and operational standards including assuming responsibility for and managing the overall performance of the Front of House Team.
- Sales - Actively sell the hotel to group tour operators and wholesale partners, preparing a daily and weekly sales report.
- Quality Control - Oversee the reservations team to ensure the daily input of reservations and reception procedures are carried out efficiently and that all reservation enquiries and bookings are deal with in the correct and professional manner.
- Budgets & Financial - Participate in the development of budgets for your department.
- Personnel & Training - Have overall responsibility for managing, motivating, recruiting, training and developing all staff within your department.
Please click here to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Front of House Manager, Deputy Operations Manager, Hotel Operations Assistant Manager, Hotel Supervisor, Hotel Management, Hotel Operations Supervisor, Hotel Front of House Manager, Deputy General Manager, Deputy Hotel Manager will be considered for this role.